In this Policy, certain words with a Capital letter have a particular meaning. These are listed below:
means information that does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify a specific individual. When Anonymous Information is associated with Personal Data, this Anonymous Information is treated by XLenz as Personal Data.
means content made available on or via the XLenz app or Services. It might include animation, documents, images, links, sound files, videos, text, and other stuff
means any or all information that you or your device send, submit, or transmit to XLenz via the XLenz app or Services, including information automatically collected by us
means an Internet Protocol address, it is a number that is automatically assigned to your device when you connect to the internet and which may vary from session to session
means any information which could be used to identify who you are, e.g. your name, email, home address, IP Address and may include other information such as identification numbers and location data
means Content that is owned or controlled by a person other than XLenz including content that is licensed to us by a brand or a franchise; and Content that is published on our platform by users of our ZAPWORKS service
means you, the person browsing the XLenz Website or, using the XLenz App, or other XLenz Services
means XLenz Limited, a limited liability company incorporated and registered in the state of California, USA.
means our augmented reality interactive application for smartphones and tablets entitled XLenz including all versions of that application published by us which may be available for download from time to time from the App Store or Google Play Store
means collectively the XLenz App, the XLenz Website, our XLenz POWERED products, and any other applications, products, or services of XLenz . A reference to “XLenz Services'' includes all related databases, features, functionality, plug-ins, software, and web pages and with respect to XLenz POWERED products, experiences, and items any appears on or within that product, experience, or item
means the official XLenz website available
Where we refer to a “person” it includes individuals, companies, corporations, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, co-operatives, associations, and other natural and legal persons. In addition to the above-defined terms, when we use the words “includes” or “including” we are not limiting ourselves in any way and mean “includes or including without limitation”.
We collect personal details that you voluntarily provide us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services while participating in activities on the website or otherwise contacting us
The personal details collected depends on your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, phone number, email address, postal address, and other contact details.
- Credentials. We collect your passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for account access and authentication.
- Payment Data. We collect all the data that is required to process your payment while making the purchases, such as your payment instrument number (credit card/Debit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payments data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your queries.
- Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using your social media account details, like your Facebook, Instagram, or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information accordingly.
All personal information that you provide should be accurate, true, complete and you must notify us of any changes related to this.
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS").
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
By submitting your information, you provide consent to use that information as set out in this Policy. You may withdraw your consent for XLenz to process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes at any time by notifying us in writing via email.
You are always free to opt-out from the future collection of your Personal Data by XLenz in accordance with this Policy by uninstalling the XLenz App from each of your devices and discontinuing the use of the XLenz Services.
Data security is of great significance to XLenz. We have put in place commercially feasible physical, electronic, and managerial security measures to protect your Personal Data from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction.
The Information you send to XLenz is protected by SSL/TLS end-to-end encryption when transmitted from your servers to our servers.
Information stored on our servers is protected by encryption, key authentication, and firewalls. Information will only be accessed by authorized employees. These employees are obliged to preserve the confidentiality of all information that comes to their attention unless disclosure is compulsory by law or necessary for the fulfillment of their duties.
Even though XLenz has taken the above security measures given the nature of on line communications we cannot 100% ensure the security of your Information or guarantee that your Personal Details will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or terminated by an unauthorized person who is determined to circumvent our security measures.
We will retain your Personal Data for the duration of your use of the XLenz Services and for a reasonable period thereafter for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes or for as long as the law permits or requires. Where you have chosen to upload User Generated Content of a third party we will need to continue to store your content on our servers as long as the third party wishes to have access to your content in accordance with any legal contract you or XLenz may have entered into with that party.
User profiles created by our marketing automation tool are deleted automatically, if a user is inactive for 90 days.
We inform you that we take all necessary precautions, as well as all appropriate organizational and technical measures, to maintain the security, the integrity and the confidentiality of your personal data, including to prevent that they are distorted or damaged and that any unauthorized third-party access to them. We also use secured payment systems consistent with the state of the art and applicable regulations.
As a data subject, you may have specific rights based on your geographic area and or following rights under UK and EU data protection legislation (including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), which this Policy and our use of Personal Details have been designed to uphold:
-The right to be informed about our collection and use of Personal Data;
-The right of access to the Personal Data we hold about you (see “How can you access your Personal Data”);
-The right to rectification if any Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details in “How to Get in Touch”);
-The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any Personal Data we hold about you;
-The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your Personal Data;
-The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your Personal Data to re-use with another service or organisation);
-The right to object to us using your Personal Data for particular purposes; and
-Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
When making a request, please be aware that we may be unable to delete Information that resides in our archives, and the requested removal of certain Information may mean we are no longer able to provide you with all or certain parts of the XLenz Services.
If you have any complaints about the use of your Personal Data, please contact us using the details provided in “Contact Us” and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.